PAGE 1: My Current Status
JOB SEARCH STATUS
1. Where are you in your job search?
Not looking for a job at all.
Looking for all opportunities
2. I am NOT looking for a job, BUT I would consider changing jobs, IF at least 1 of the below requirements is met:
There is a job opportunity at this company
3. Job Occupation is
4. Job location is in (Select City)
5. I want to
Get a job ASAP. I can start to work immediately. I am open to many opportunities. (E-mail: You will get emails on a daily basis.)
Find a job within 1-3 months (E-mail: You will get e-mails on a weekly basis.).
I am not in a hurry. I am looking for a job within about a year. (E-mail: You will get an e-mail every 3 months.)
6. I can start working for a new company:
(Immediately, 1,2,3,4,5,6) months after signing an offer letter.
TYPE OF JOB
7. I am looking for:
Full-time job only
Both are fine for me.
8. I want to work remotely.
I want to work in office
9. Are you looking for regular employee or manager role?
Manager role in charge of at least number of people.
Both options are fine for me.
PUBLIC OR PRIVATE SECTOR
10. I want to work in: Private Sector: Company Private University Company research institute/lab
11. I want to work in: Public Sector: State-owned company University/Lab Research institute/lab Government
PAGE 2: Desired Job and Career Path
12. The job I am looking for is:
My first job choice is: (Select Job Occupation)
My second job choice is: (Select Job Occupation)
13. In my next job, I would like to
14. I want a job where I am the only person who does that type of job in a company. (For example, HelpDesk Support Person in a real estate company.)
15. I am interested in
16. I want a job that is a Mix of:
(ADD Tasks) and (ADD Tasks)
17. In the next job I want to get these skills: (LIMIT 5)
18. I am looking for:
An internal position (WITHIN my company)
I can work for my company subsidiary, group or related company, or in a branch in a new country.
An external position (OUTSIDE of my company or group companies)
19. I would like to have a job where I can travel/work between (type city) and (type city). (For example: Singapore and Tokyo.)
20. I would like to get as many skills as possible in a short period of time.
21. I am frustrated that I cannot finish as much work as I would like.
22. In the future I plan:
To remain an individual contributor. (I do not want to manage people.)
To become a people manager.
To become a technical manager (lead people as a technical guru.)
23. POWER, STATUS, ACHIEVEMENT
I am a person who wants to be powerful in a company.
I want to have a good job title.
I want to make achievements in a company. I want to make a difference, BUT I do not want to be famous.
PAGE 3: GENERALIST/SPECIALIST
I like when my job is specific, and I do not want to do things that are outside of my job description.
“That is not my job” does not exist in my vocabulary. I can do many things to help the team achieve goals.
Job descriptions are not written in stone. Sometimes I can do things that are not written in my job description.
25. I want to be more of a
Generalist: I want to do many tasks and gain many skills.
Specialist: I want to master my job. I want to focus on a few tasks.
26. When my boss tells me to do a task that I have never done before, I say:
“Sure. I have never done it, but I will find out a way to do it. ” (Do research on Internet, read a book, ask someone…….)
Sorry, I can’t do it. I don’t know how.
I can do it, but my colleague XXXX is much better than me.
PAGE 4: Local or Global Career
27. I am looking for a job within thiscountry.
Which statement BEST describes you?
29. I would like to work abroad.
I never considered working in another country. But, I will think about it now.
I am open to working abroad, sure why not?
I would never work abroad.
I want to work abroad someday, but just not now.
Which of the following statements BEST describes you?
31. I would like to work in a foreign country, but after a few years, I would like to go back to my home country.
I want to work in a foreign country, but I am not sure whether I would stay there or not.
I want to emigrate to another country. I want to live and become a citizen of this country: .
32. The country I am willing to emigrate to should offer:
High standard of Living
Low corruption, nepotism
Good political situation
Good education for children
33. My primary reason to emigrate is: “I think I can accomplish so much more in another country.” (I can grow financially and professionally.)
35. If you could work anywhere in the world, which of the following statements MOST describes where you would want to work.
Anywhere in the world is fine. I am open to suggestions.
I want to live anywhere where the “quantity of life is good.“ (I can save a lot of money.)
I want to live anywhere where the “quality of life is good.” Salary is not the most important consideration. I also consider the quality of life: education, crime level, work-life balance……
36. Developed and Developing Countries
I ONLY want to work in:
37. My dream country to work in is:
My dream city to work in is:
38. If I can not find a job in my dream country/city now, I am willing to work in another country/city, IF it will greatly increase my chances to work in my dream country/city (For example, if you want to work in the US, but you can get job in Canada which would make it is easier to eventually find a job in the US )
39. How would you feel about working an international assignment in which a company sends you abroad for 1-2 years to work in their foreign office.
That would be great. I would like to get experience in these countries: (AD MULTIPLE COUNTRIES)
An international assignment would be good, but not required. I would need to think about it.
I would not be interested in an international assignment.
PAGE 5: Work Hours
1. MY CURRENT WORK HOURS
I Work hours per week
2. I have: hours per week PAID Overtime
3. I have: hours per week UNPAID Overtime
40. MY FUTURE WORK HOURS
I like to work a maximum of hours per week. (I go home on time.)
I am fine if there is occasionally overtime that is not paid (project deadline.)
I can work overtime, BUT I want all overtime to be paid.
41. Flexible hours:
I need flexible hours (I will work at the office 8 hours, but I want to have the flexibility to come in at 9:00, 10:00 or 11:00 AM, etc.).
Flexible hours would be good, but not necessary.
No need for flexible hours.
Work from home:
I want to work from home.
Working from home would be good, but not necessary.
I prefer to work in the office.
PAGE 8: Leaving Current Company
5. My Overall Happiness level in my current company is:
6. LEAVING COMPANY: If I leave my company today, it would be because:
Choose ALL that apply:
Lack of benefits
7. JOB CONTENT RELATED
This job is too challenging for me. (I feel underqualified.)
This job is NOT challenging enough for me. (I feel overqualified.)
8. MANAGEMENT RELATED
Don’t like boss / Boss doesn't honor commitments
I am working hard, but no one sees it.
Wrong people were promoted or fired
Lack of recognition or rewards
I feel undervalued in my current role.
My employer does not care about employees
Lack of communication and support from a manager
Manager favors specific people
9. WORK RELATED
Overworked (My salary is good. I am paid overtime, but I just cannot work so much.)
Overworked because some colleagues left, and the company has not hired replacements. We work more .
Underworked (Nothing to do. I feel bored)
Overworked and underpaid.
Unmanageable workload. We are understaffed.
Don't enjoy work
Unable to pursue passions
No flexible hours.
Unreasonable time pressure
My job role is not clear. I do not know what I need to do.
10. TEAM RELATED
Too much internal competition. My ideas get sunk in the sea of other bright ideas. I cannot work on projects I like, since other people get selected.
Don't get along with coworkers
I work very hard, but my colleagues are not very motivated.
11. COMPANY RELATED
Lack of career advancement, career training
Company demotivated me, by “stupid rules.” For example, they docked my salary because I left for home 15 minutes earlier.
Company is downsizing/restructuring
I am laid off or let go.
“I am frustrated with the status quo.”
My values no longer align with the company mission.
Too much bureaucracy. Nothing can be done fast.
12. CAREER RELATED
I want a job with better career growth opportunities.
I want to change career paths.
I just want to find a better opportunity.
I want to work in a different industry.
I am looking for a new challenge.
I want to work for a big company.
I want to work for a small company.
I want to use (Select Spoken Language) in my new job.
I am leaving for health reasons.
I am leaving due to family or personal reasons.
I am not leaving. I just finished my studies.
14. LOCATION RELATED
My spouse moved to a new location, so I need to follow him/her.
Commute was too long
The company does not have any project for me.
I was on Sabbatical.
Well, I checked what I comfortable to say. BUT, you can check the company review online. (You would get a better idea why people leave.)
PAGE 9: FINAL QUESTION
MOST IMPORTANT TO ME
At MayGraph, we try to give the best of the best answers. We tweak algorithms to find the perfect results. Your answer to the question below will help us to do it.
1. When I want to join a company, I base my decision on many things. If I had to rank them according to importance, I would rank them in this way: